GTSR W1 is fitted exclusively with Tremec’s TR-6060 (MH3 spec.) close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission.
New for HSV, the MH3 gear-set keeps the engine RPMs more centred around the maximum power output and, when coupled with the higher revving LS9 engine, gives the driver a much more useful powerband and, overall, an exceptional driving experience.
Along with the capability to withstand the higher torque output of the LS9 engine, the TR-6060 (MH3 spec.) delivers great overall shift feel with short throws and smooth gear synchronization.
The TR-6060 marries up to the LS9 clutch with a unique input shaft.
Other key TR-6060 (MH3 spec.) features include:
- Three-piece ‘end load design’ aluminium housing
- Triple supported output shaft and countershaft
- Taper bearings and cylindrical roller bearings
- All speed gears supported by needle bearings
- Integrated clutch housing (for improved case strength)
- Two-piece gears with laser welded clutch teeth rings
- Advanced and asymmetric clutch teeth in second and third gears for improved shifting action
- Hybrid and sintered bronze double and triple cone synchronizers (which offer lightning quick gear changes with fluid-like engagement).